Monday 27 June 2011

Save the Date!


It's way too hot here to do anything crafty today (or in fact do anything at all!) so I thought I'd share a project I finished at the weekend. I altered this wooden perpetual calendar. I painted the edges with black acrylic paint, and used Tea Dye and Antique Linen Distress Inks on the wooden blocks (although it doesn't really show in the photo). I used October Afternoon paper called Thrift Shop as the backing paper. The image is from Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps called Sew Nice (I have just discovered this company and I am in love with their products!). The caption on the image reads 'Let us grow old like beautiful lace. Treasured and cared for with Grace'. My sister is called Grace and she'll be 18 next week, so I had to use that image. Naturally, I also had to add some lace to the edges. Finally, I finished off with a couple of sewing themed embellishments.   

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Rachel, fab idea and I love the image from Crafty secrets I will have to check them out as we have very similar tastes.

    x

    ReplyDelete